Sunday, July 15, 2012

2 Weeks: Finding the New Normal - Not Quite Yet!

Little T is now two weeks and three days old.  What an incredible journey the past two weeks have been!

I have cried more than I have ever cried in my life (with the exception of when my father passed away), M and I both have been exhausted beyond what we thought was humanly possible, I have been immeasurably happy followed by instantaneously sad (the hormones!  but I'm starting to get a grip on things), and we have been pushed to the brink of what we thought we could handle.

M is an AMAZING father.  He loves T so much and so well.  Every time T wakes up from a nap, M can hardly wait to go pick him up and hold him.  Een when T needs to eat, M just wants to hold him for a minute before I feed him.  There was never a more beautiful picture than this tiny newborn resting on his father's chest!

We are still in "survival mode" but life is starting to feel more manageable now.  The past two or three nights, T has slept for about 3 hours at a time, which is a huge blessing when compared to his previous one hour naps between feedings!  

And who knew that such a tiny, adorable little newborn could pass gas like that?  What are those sounds coming out of his rear end??  What is that shade of green?  Is there a name for that yellow?  And how does he manage to ALWAYS pee on me, even with his diaper on??

In case you didn't know, T is a hairy little man.  That was one of the first things we noticed about him.  He has hair on his ears, shoulders, arms, and back.  Please tell me the hair will go away!  I don't want my poor child to be made fun of for having hairy ears in kindergarten!  But then again, we are planning on homeschooling so I guess the only ones making fun of him would be us, and we wouldn't do such a thing!  :)

Little T has such a strong neck already!  When we put him on his tummy on the boppy he can pick his head up and turn it from right to left.  If I put him on his back and pull him up with his arms, he can bring his head up with him.  Of course, he gets tired after just a few minutes and starts to look like a bobble head, but he is certainly the cutest little bobble head I've ever seen!

Every new mom thinks her baby is the most adorable baby ever, and I am no different.  How can you not love something so tiny and precious?

More pictures to come shortly.  :)

1 comment:

  1. haha... the hair will fall off. He'll likely get a lovely bald circle around his head, or a receding hairline like Elliot had. E was born with hair going from his head almost to his eyebrows, & it's not there anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete